Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Bro's back
Bro is back from US. Well he brought lots of gift for his girlfriend and my sis, bears, shirt and lots of other stuff. Not that I really mind though, in fact I wasn't even bothered. I was just as happy that he have brought mi a Georgia Tech T-shirt. Now I can fake that I was a student there. :P Well me and bro do share something in common when it come to gift buying for our Dad and Mum, it's evident in the gift he brought for Dad. Think he brought a keychain for Dad? :P Well I have to admit that for the past few overseas trips, I didn't really buy anything much for both of them, it's either a small gift or nothing all together. Why is this so? Well I have come up with a few suggetions or rather excuses.
No1. Mum always has a lot to say about spending money. "Ai yo... Why buy this and that, very expensive one". So after a long period of conditioning, we eventually give up the idea of buying anything.
No.2 Well this is one thing I tell myself very often, "Nothing to buy one, all the things here so 'young' one." End result:Buying more things for ownself or friends.
No3. All the things that we thought mum and dad will like are damn freaking expensive. I remember sawing this crystal chess set that I thought my dad will like in Hainan, China a few years back when I was doing community service over there. Quality and workmanship really reflected well on the price tag, which links us right back to reason no. 1.
No4. There's nothing more happy for our Dad and Mum to see us at the arrival hall safe and sound. "Aiyo boy, why so skinny liao. Never eat is it?" It's the best gift for them. Isn't it? :P Price tag on reunion: Priceless.
Even though reason no.4 is ture, do try to get Mum and Dad a little something. I remember once when I forgot to get dad a little something and I thought for a moment I saw some disappointment in his eye. He hid it real well though. Anyway, after that I've decided to buy them a little something everytime I go oversea. Even though they never say it, I think the little gift means something to them. :P
12:34 PM
Aki no KAze!